Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Return of the Darren

A short time ago, I was thrown off this project by my co-director/ writer and supposed "friend" of over two decades, Danny Jacobs. This is not the first time this has happened. Danny and I have a hisory of knock-down, drag out fights that nearly lead to our death (as a society).

This most recent incident was no different. I've submitted to you the photographic evidence of our scuffle, and, as I think you'll see, in this game o' fisticuffs, I came out victorious. It was a brutal battle, but as evidenced by the fact that I have clearly returned to the blog and the project, Darren trumped Danny this time.

If you're going to follow along on our journey with Humboldt County, you'll no doubt grow numb to these incessant battles between us. Danny will likely respond to this post very cleverly, dismissing his defeat and my subsequent return as some sort of fabrication. But I assure you: this is the absolute truth. Danny threw me out like yesterday's garbage, and I beat the ever-living gobstoppers out of him (while taking my lumps, to be sure) to claw my way back in.

It feels good to be back. More to come soon, stay tuned...

-Darren

PS: And a Happy New Year to you all, from Danny and myself.

2008, my friends, is the year of Humboldt County.

No comments: