Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've been stricken with (public) consumption!

So I’m visiting home in St. Louis for my grandma’s 90th birthday. I just walked by her facility’s business center where I saw an old man researching “irritable bowel syndrome” (IBS) on the Internet. Awesome.

But speaking of irritable bowels, this is a good time for me to reflect on recent developments…

So we’ve hired a publicity company, which we’re really excited about. Though it was a strange and, honestly, bewildering process. At the start of it, I was honestly pretty unaware of what a publicity company does. Also, I was confused about how interviews and press can actually help us sell the film – which, after all, is the whole point. But apparently, press matters, so like good little soldiers Darren and I are trumpeting the horns and blowing the…horns so that we can get our little movie out into the world.

One difficulty that we’re having is striking a balance between our natural inclination to be silly with the more dramatic tone of the film. Our fear has always been that if people come to the theater expecting HC to be a silly, pot comedy in the vein of Cheech and Chong or Harold and Kumar, we’re in trouble. And yet, Darren and I have a hard time taking ourselves too seriously. So you can see our dilemma. Hopefully, we’re striking the right balance. You’ll have to let us know.

By the way, did you know that avoiding uncooked cauliflower can help relieve the bloating or gas associated with IBS? Cool.

And finally, here’s a picture of a cat in an army uniform. G’night.

No comments: